ABOUT ROTARY MEMBERSHIP
by Cory Swank
The Rotary International & Local Rotary Clubs continually seek to bring motivated new individuals into its membership.
If you are interested in finding out more about Rotary- please review the activities and upcoming events on the Groveland Rotary Club web-site. Come to one of the club’s upcoming events and bring your spouse (and family). Participate with Rotarians in your community in local service projects and meetings to see firsthand what Rotary is all about while at the same time experiencing the warm friendship and professional networking that is part of Rotary.
Prospective Member Information:
Rotary International is one of the world’s largest service organizations, with some 30,000 clubs in more than 160 countries. Annually, Rotary clubs worldwide encourage men and women to become members. These prospective members represent various businesses and professional activities in their communities. As a progressive-minded business or professional person, you will see that belonging to a Rotary club, where outstanding representatives of the different vocations in your community come together, has its benefits. To be considered for membership, your qualifications and character must include:
- Willingness to help and participate in projects that enhance your community
- Willingness to help save lives and improve family health and safety in countries around the world
- Willingness to nurture friendships with other leaders in your community
- Willingness to work on projects that help people in developing countries and promote international understanding and goodwill
- Being a leading representative of your business or professional activity
- Accepting the honor and prestige of membership in a worldwide organization
- Active pursuit of ongoing practical education
- Desire to network with people who can help you become more successful while maintaining and promoting higher ethical standards in your business or profession
- Desire to be involved in projects that may enhance your community
Why Join Rotary?
Each Rotary Club strives for a membership that is an up-to-date and progressive representation of its community’s business, vocational, and professional interests.
Membership in Rotary offers a number of benefits, including:
- Effecting change within the community
- Developing leadership skills and opportunities
- Enhancing your attitude- which comes with helping service the needs of your community through local and international service projects
- Gaining and understanding of- and having an impact on- international humanitarian projects
- Networking with leaders in your community- :”It’s great to do business with a Rotarian”
Interested in becoming a Rotary Club Member and ROTARIAN?
Contact Greg Cramblit, Groveland Rotary President, at 209 962-0607 or